Wayne Township Fire Department Emergency Medical Services is currently accepting preliminary applications for the positions of full-time and part-time Paramedic. A computer is also available for your use in the lobby of Wayne Township Fire Department Headquarters, 700 North High School Road, Indianapolis, IN 46214 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Last day to complete the preliminary application is April 22, 2016 by 4 p.m. You will be required to attend a written test on one of the following dates: April 26, 2016 at 0900, April 28, 2016 at 1800, or April 30, 2016 at 0800.
Wayne Township Fire Department Emergency Medical Services is a 911 only service with about 14,000 dispatched runs per year. 4 Medic ambulances serve Wayne Township. Our work schedule is 24 hours on duty with 48 hours off. Starting average annual salary for full-time personnel is around $49,000. A Kelley day is awarded after your probationary year is completed. 3rd year Paramedic salary is $61,000.
* Must be 18 years of age
* State of Indiana EMT-P license for at least 1 (one) year
* Current ACLS certification
* Current CPR certification
* High School Diploma or equivalent GED
* Current Indiana Drivers License in good standing
* Must be able to legally work in the United States
* Must be able to pass a medical and psychological evaluation
*Must be able to pass a drug screening test